The building of the Central Sofia Market Hall
Loading google map. Please wait!
25 Maria Luiza Blvd.
Central Sofia Market Hall. The construction of the building, which spreads over 3,200 sq m began in 1909 after the design of architect Naum Torbov and took two years to complete. The metal structure of the building bears the hallmark of the then fashionable pavilion architecture employed at the Paris World Fair in 1900. The facade has a relief of the coat-of-arms of Sofia above the main entrance, while a little clock tower tops the edifice. Unearthed historical remains from ancient Serdica are displayed for viewing in the ground floor.