On June 8 and 9, the unique ancient festival Sabantuy will welcome you at the Grand Meadow in Yuzhen Park. It is part of the cultural traditions, rituals and cuisine of the Volga Bulgarians and other nationalities. In 2019, the fifth edition of the event will offer authentic songs and dances from Volga Bulgaria performed by artists from Tatarstan and Bashkortostan. The cultural and sports festival always attracts many viewers and participants who take part in various activities and temptations: Performances of professional dance and choral creative groups, stars of the Bulgarian, Russian and Tatar stage, will be presented.
Competitions in ancient wrestling style (Kurash), arm wrestling, dumbbell lifting, etc. will be held at Sports recreation ground.
People of all ages will have the opportunity to take part in the activities held at Traditional Folk Games and Races recreation ground, At Folk Crafts recreation ground artisans and craftsmen will gather and master classes will be held.
National Cuisines recreation ground will feature traditional dishes of various national cuisines as well as master classes of guest chefs from Tatarstan.
Sabantuy - Bulgaria 2019.
Program of the festival:
- June 8, 2 pm – 9 pm – Concert, folk crafts bazaar, master classes, tasting of national cuisine dishes.
- June 9, 10 am – 10 pm
- 11 am - Official reception of honorary guests, presentation of delegations from Tatarstan, Bashkortostan and Bulgaria;
- Participation in national cultural events;
- Presentation of national tents;
- Tasting of national cuisine dishes;
- Original expositions; • Sports competitions, fun folk games; • National Wrestling Combat "Kurash"
- Fair; • Trade of souvenirs, items of decorative and applied arts, national crafts and others;
- Evening disco;