Church of St George the Victorious
Loading google map. Please wait!
90 P. Evtimiy Bldv.
The altar's icons that are well preserved to this day were made by masters of the Samokov icon-painting school. Later, the temple was renovated and icon painted. In 1996, a new outhouse was built with two rooms - a chapel and an office, and a 20-metre high bell tower above the Western entrance.
It was built in 1899 – 1909 after the design of architect Alexi Nachev, and was consecrated in 1918. Besides the architectural merits, the church is remarkable for the works of four eminent woodcarvers from different schools and generations. The latest murals were made in 2002.