Bistritsa Monastery St Petka
Loading google map. Please wait!
Vitosha Mountain, Bistritsa Village
The monastery was built in the 10th century, but was destroyed during the Ottoman domination in the 14th century. After the Liberation a small church was constructed here, which existed until 1951. The present-day church was built in 1956. Nowadays the monastery is operating and the compund includes a small church, residential and farm buildings.