The Building of St St Cyril and Methodius National Library
Loading google map. Please wait!
88 Vasil Levski Blvd.
St St Cyril and Methodius National Library was founded in 1878 as a Public Library. The following year its name was changed to National Library. The construction of the building went underway in 1941, but bombing raids over Sofia in the 1940’s razed everything to the ground. Building works resumed only in 1953. The design, commissioned to architects Ivan Vasilyov and Dimitar Tsolov, was executed in the neoclassical style – an imposing stately exterior and straightforward, uncluttered lines.