The building of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
Loading google map. Please wait!
1 15th Noemvri Str.
The Bulgarian Academy of Sciences came originally into being as a Bulgarian Literary and Science Society in Braila in 1869. After the liberation from Turkish rule in 1878, the society moved its base to Sofia. In 1911, it was renamed to Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. The building, designed by Heinrich Mayer, was extended and renovated in 1926–1928 after the design of architects S. Ovcharov and Y. Yordanov.