The Monument to Vasil Levski
Loading google map. Please wait!
Vasil Levski Square
The Monument to Vasil Levski was the first monument dedicated to the Apostle of Freedom, erected in Bulgaria after the Liberation and designed by Sofia’s then Chief Planner, Czech architect Adolf Vaclav Kolar. The bas-relief of Levski’s head was created by Viennese sculptor Rudolf Weyr and executed in metal at Rudolph Waagner’s factory. The monument was ceremoniously unveiled on October 22, 1895.